About 10 years ago, I came up with a list of questions to get me unstuck. Some of them are personal (so they wouldn’t apply). Some of them reference trademarks (and I don’t want to get sued).
Today, I reviewed them, though, and I thought some of them might help you.
140. Trial and error. That’s the formula. Try three things you are sure won’t work.
141. Exhaust the experience. Do everything you can think of. Then go to sleep. You will come up with something else.
143. How could you scratch the surface? What is the smallest bite of the situation sandwich you could take?
144. You must have faith. If you believed you could, what would you do?
147. “Every great advance has issued from a new audacity.” (John Dewey) Be audacious.
150. “Research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I’m doing.” (Werner von Braum) Find something on the topic and work on it.
I’ve been encouraged, just by re-reading the list.
Let me know if you try any of these.